CABIN-TRAIL Archives

August 2011, Week 3

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2011 09:08:59 -0400
sophomore summer is almost over, and you should get outside before it ends!

check out what's happening this week in cabin and trail.

as always, blitz the leader of the trip to sign-up.

**************

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

FEED
When: 6:30 at the Rock (16 Sargent St. Directions: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml)
What: Food. More specifically, gazpacho, a chilled tomato-based soup of spanish
origins. There will be suitable side dishes, thus creating an excellent ensemble
dinner for a summer evening.
Cost: $4
Blitz: wales carter if you want to help prepare (probably mid-afternoon, as it
needs to chill)

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

PORTAGE!!!!
Time: 5:00 PM Saturday  -Sunday Evening
Cost: $4 for DOC members, $8 otherwise (plus $8 for Lodge dinner/$5 for
staying the night at the Lodge)
Description / Difficulty level:  Portage-The carrying of a boat or its
cargo between two navigable waters. Specifically, to the LAKE OF THE
CLOUDS on MOUNT WASHINGTON.  Sound absurd? That's because it is.
Carrying a canoe up Mount Washington to paddle around on a small alpine
tarn is silly. And absolutely, ridiculously awesome. Just imagine how
your friends will react to you telling them that you carried a canoe up
Washington. Thankfully, it's only a few miles, and the canoe will be
DRIVEN down, so it's not THAT intense. This is an amazing DOC tradition
that we can't afford to lose! Departure time/date debatable, but it'd be
nice to get to the Lodge for dinner the night before, get up early and
make the drive to Mt. Washington, and get back pretty late Sunday
Evening.

PS. Exams are for squares.
Blitz: Piotr Teterwak with your DASH to sign up

(next) TUESDAY TUESDAY TUESDAY

TRAILWORK Trip to Smarts Mountain
Time: 1:30-8:30p
Cost: Free (it's trailwork!)
north side of Smarts Mountain and put down as many bog bridges as we can.
Blitz: Kyle Heppenstall to sign up or for more information