LLTI Archives

August 2011, Week 2

From:
LLTI Editor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2011 10:33:35 -0400
from  [log in to unmask]

Dear Colleagues,

Our non-profit organization, American Councils for International Education,
is looking for people willing to open their doors to a high school exchange
student on our scholarship programs for from 6 weeks to three months. The
deadline for this is August 25. Please contact as many people as you know
who may be willing to commit to this or can pass this on to others who are
potential temporary hosts. There are still a number of students left to
place from countries like Serbia, Pakistan, Indonesia, Egypt, Turkey, India,
and Bangladesh. Temporary families allow us to enroll a student in a local
school district and allow us the time to seek a permanent family for the
rest of the year (August-June.) We are interested in hearing from people all
over the U.S. People who have connections to these countries, or are active
in their communities with volunteerism, civic leadership, etc. are ideal for
this. If you have particular contacts at schools that would be helpful for
us to know as well.

Our website has information about the programs and stories highlighting
stories of the past year:

http://apps.americancouncils.org/acinbound

Hosting information is here:

http://apps.americancouncils.org/acinbound/?q=content/hosting-student-american-councils

Any interested host families can contact us at:

[log in to unmask] or can call us at (866)790-2086 toll free.

Thanks for your help in getting the word out.

Best Regards,

The Inbound Team

Inbound Secondary School Placement

American Councils for International Education: ACTR/ACCELS, Inc.

1828 L Street, NW, Suite 1200

Washington, DC 20036

(866)790-2086 toll free

(202)833-7522 phone

(202)833-7523 fax

*For more information on hosting an exchange student:
http://apps.americancouncils.org/acinbound*