CABIN-TRAIL Archives

August 2011, Week 2

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2011 18:21:18 -0400
check out what's happening this week in cabin and trail.

as always, blitz the leader of the trip to sign-up.

**************

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

DINERTOURE
When: Behind Robo at 7:45, back by 10s
kitchen tucked away in Thetford, VT.  Good food and a good time guaranteed.  Because
what your midterms week needs is an old-fashioned home-cooked breakfast and Benji's
early morning company.
Cost: As always, bring small bills, the ride is free!
Blitz: dinersaur, dinermatrix, or benjik to sign up

MIDNIGHT MUNCH FEED
When: 11pm-ish
Cost: 4 kilos of venison
Description/Difficulty: Ou Oooouuu! Get ready to feast on whatever spoils
are brought back from the almost full-moon hunt. The hunting party will
be ready to feast by around 11pm, but night-hunts can vary in time a little.
We're hot on the trail of the New England four-cheese tailed pasta deer, and
the elusive Chocolate-speckled Magpie.
Blitz: Juan Sanchez to help hunt - bring your own javelin

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

CARTER DOME WITH SPECIAL GRANT OVERNIGHT
Time: 7pm Friday to 8pm Saturday (debatable)
Cost: $8 DOC, $12 Non-DOC
get both on this trip. We will leave at 7pm on friday and drive up to the GRANT!
where we will have a restful night at the lovely Peakes cabin. The Next Morning
we will get up early, drive down to the white mountains and go on an awesome 10
mile hike to Carter Notch and Carter Dome in the somewhat less traveled Carter
Range (I think I might see a trend somewhere...). There will be good views and
a stunning panorama of the northern presidentials and washington. Awesome food
will be there, without question. After the hike we will take a scenic drive back
through the mountains to Hanover.
Blitz: Wales Carter with your dash to sign up, ask questions, or request a departure
time

FUTURE FUTURE FUTURE

Event: PORTAGE
Time: Sometime next weekend
Cost: Free
Description / Difficulty level: Portage-The carrying of a boat or its cargo between
two navigable waters. Specifically, to the LAKE OF THE CLOUDS on MOUNT WASHINGTON.
Sound absurd? That's because it is. Carrying a canoe up Mount Washington to paddle
around on a small alpine tarn is silly. And absolutely, ridiculously awesome.
Just imagine how your friends will react to you telling them that you carried
a canoe up Washington. Thankfully, it's only a few miles, and the canoe will be
DRIVEN down, so it's not THAT intense. This is an amazing DOC tradition that we
can't afford to lose!
Blitz: Piotr Teterwak with preferred times/dates. And with level of interest.