CABIN-TRAIL Archives

August 2011, Week 2

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Aug 2011 22:59:36 -0400
Going hiking somewhere exciting after summer term, and need some extra cash?

Have an idea for a trip you've always wanted to go on?

Apply for CnT adventure funding!

Adventure funding exists to allow members of Cabin and Trail to plan and take
part in trips above and beyond the normal scope of club activities. Money is awarded
once a term, and now's your chance for summer!

So here's what to do:

1. Plan an awesome trip.

2. Send in an application to the CnT account with all the information listed below
by SUNDAY AUGUST 14th at 5 PM.

3. Come to a meeting in Robo on MONDAY AUGUST 15th at 8 PM to tell us about your
trip.

Information to include:

Names and years of participants
Purpose and plan for trip
Detailed (day-by-day) itinerary
Itemized budget
Assessment of risk and risk management plans
Previous experience
Past contributions to the club and plans to give back in the future

Come to the meeting ready to give a short presentation about your trip and to
answer questions about it. We want to see that you've put some thought into this
before we give you money! Also, note that funding is offered for costs associated
with the trip, including transportation, maps, fees and permits, and trail food,
but will not be given for lodging at hotels, food at restaurants, or gear that
the participants plan to keep after the trip.

Happy hiking!
<3 CnT