NISUS Archives

August 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Abdassamad Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 4 Aug 2011 13:02:05 +0100
Dear all,

This is a problem that has recently surfaced for which I have found no help.

I am using Nisus for what it has always done best for me: handling bi-lingual Arabic and English text.

My wife is revising a small Dictionary and Glossary of the Qur'an by Penrice.

When she tries to edit words, she gets the spinning beach ball, sometimes she then gets a completely blank document. But if we close the document and re-open it, it is all there. Sometimes, the programme quits.

I thought it was a font issue and tried to sort out the fonts, but that does not seem to have helped at all.

Has anyone met such behaviour and, more importantly, cured it?

Many thanks in advance for your time and attention.

Regards,

Abdassamad Clarke