NISUS Archives

August 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Robert B. Waltz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 8 Aug 2011 22:07:05 -0500
On 8/9/11, Philip Spaelti wrote:

[ ... ]

>Your problem with the "\t" sounds familiar, but only because it happened to me. When I figured it out, I was doing something wrong at the time. But I can't remember what the problem was.

I probably am doing something wrong, and I will doubtless figure it out eventually, but logically my algorithm works -- it worked in Classic. I can only say that, no matter how much more "logical," NWP seems harder to program than Classic. It may be just that the conversions from PowerFind to PowerFindPro are erratic (as witness the business with the periods), since in Classic, I could write my more elaborate REs in PowerFind. This has not worked well in NWP.

>> I may be wrong. As I say, I haven't found the line that is doing it.
>>
>> Is there a way to step through a macro by any chance? Like a debugger?
>
>Run Selection as Macro still works.
>
>For Find/Replace statements that is pretty much your best option.

It sounds like it. Thank you.

--
Bob Waltz

"The one thing we learn from history --
   is that no one ever learns from history."