NISUS Archives

August 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
A discussion list for Nisus & NisusWriter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2011 11:20:08 +1000
From:
Geoffrey Heard <[log in to unmask]>
At 3:58 PM -0300 29/7/11, G. Beurlen wrote:

>By the way: the only PPC appliation I have running is Canvas, which I use on
>a small partition running Snow Leopard.

And Canvas, along with two programs of lesser importance to me,
Eudora and Personal Organizer, is the reason why I'm sticking with
Snow Leopard. There is no program that comes within cooee of doing
for me what Canvas does for the kind of work I do and there is
nothing in the "improvements" and "new features" of Lion that even
remotely suggests to me that I can't live happily ever after without
it.

In fact, there is nothing in Lion that even remotely suggests to me
that it would be worth my while to even bother restructuring my HD as
you have.

Canvas is so useful. Just yesterday I picked up an advertising job
requiring cropping and manipulating a photo and adding and
manipulating text (written on NWP, of course!). Falling over simple
in Canvas, a pain in the neck in any other program or sute of
programs.

Cheers, geoff

Geoffrey Heard
Business & Environment Writer, Editor, Publisher
The Worsley Press