NISUS Archives

August 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
A discussion list for Nisus & NisusWriter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2011 17:11:58 +0200
From:
Þorvarður Davíðsson <[log in to unmask]>
On 12.08.2011, at 22:10, jem cabanes wrote:

> I've made a trial installation of Mac Os X Lion on a spare HD, and what strikes me is that ~ / Library seems to be gone

The same seems to apply to /Users/~/Applications. Since the User Applications folder is gone (or hidden?) it makes no sense to have the ~ / Library folder visible because that folder contained settings for /Users/~/Applications, i.e. applications that had been installed for one user only.

Is software installed differently now in Lion than it used to be in previous versions of the OS? Is the option to install software for one user only now gone? Or in other words, do I now have to install all software in /Applications and then try to sort and group it using Launchpad?

Žorvaršur