CABIN-TRAIL Archives

July 2011, Week 4

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2011 19:15:58 -0400
check out what we're doing in the out of doors this week!

if you want to join in, just blitz the leader of the trip listed below.

and if you like what you read, come to the...

*****
CnT Weekly Meeting
Monday @ 10pm
Robo Basement
*****

comin' at ya this week:

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Event: DINERTOURE! 11xciting beyond belief! edition
Time: leave at 7:00 am, back by 10s
and phenomenal Eaton's Sugarhouse in South Royalton, VT.  Not only does this diner
have some of the best pancakes anyone has ever eaten ever, it also is a gift shop
and country store so you can buy all that Vermont swagg you've been looking for.
  As one of the absolute best that the Northeast has to offer, you won't want to
miss this once in a term opportunity.
Cost: As always, the ride is free, bring small bills!
Blitz: dinersaur, dinermatrix, or benjik to sign up!

Event: FEED!
Time: 7 pm at the Rock (16 Sargent St. Directions: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml)
Cost: $4 or free if you help cook for at least an hour :)
This will be the defining moment of your 11X term, I guarantee it. If you want
a good time, you best be at the Rock.
Blitz: Christopher Rhoades if you plan on coming or want to cook!

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY

Event: Class of '66 lodge (Harris Cabin) worktrip
Time: 3pm - 6pm/ when people need to be back
Cost: Free! it's a worktrip
fleet. So, we will make the short trip out to perform a variety of small tasks
including, but not limited to: replacing mantles and lamps, clearing blowdowns
on the access trail, and attempting to fix the water. If you want to learn about
cabins, help maintain a part of Dartmouth's identity, learn about plumbing in
a haphazard fashion, or just have nothing better to do, you should join us. Snacks
may possibly be included.
Blitz: Wales Carter to sign up

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

Event: 13 Falls Backpacking Trip
Time: 8:30 am Saturday -6:30 PM Sunday
Cost: $20 for DOC members, $25 otherwise
Description / Difficulty level: 13 Falls is a goregous waterfall area in the heart
of the Pemi Wilderness area. One of the more remote areas of the Whites, we'll
spend Saturday driving/hiking the 8 miles in. Although it is 8 miles, it's all
along a railroad bed so it's relatively easy. Once there, we'll hang out, eat
swim, and tent camp. Sleeping in a bit the next day, we'll go back at a leisurely
pace and be back on campus the next evening. Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, and lunch
the next day will be provided!
Blitz: Piotr Teterwak with your DASH to sign up

Event: DOC Summer Weekend Moosilauke Hike
Time: 11 am- 9pm
Cost: $10
Description/Difficulty: Don't have any parents coming to Hanover this weekend?
You can hike Dartmouth's beloved mountain instead! We'll leave from Robo at 11am,
have a lovely hike up Moosilauke, then make it back in time for Lodge dinner and
post-dinner concert.
Sign-Up: Wednesday from 12-4 in front of Robo
Blitz: Rosemary Shay for more info