CABIN-TRAIL Archives

July 2011, Week 3

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2011 17:41:40 -0400
we're carrying a canoe up mt. washington,

swimming in some waterfalls,

doing a triathalon to the apple cider, ben and jerry's, and cabot factories,

going to a diner,

eating good food at the rock,

climbing some mountains,

and we want YOU to join US!

**blitz the LEADER of the trip with your DA$H to sign up**

here's the schedule:

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

DINERTOURE: 11Xtrasuperawesome
WHEN: be at the back of Robo by 7:45, back by 10s
kitchen tucked away in Lyme, NH.  Good food and a good time guaranteed.  Because
what your midterms week needs is an old-fashioned home-cooked breakfast and Benji's
early morning company.
COST: As always, bring small bills, the ride is free!
BLITZ: dinersaur, dinermatrix, or benjik to sign up [from what I hear, you can
use blitz nicknames on the new outlook if you address it to [log in to unmask]
or fill it in with the appropriate nickname]

FEED
Come eat some nommy food with some pretty amazing people. Entree is still to be
determined BUT dessert will be a delightful apple/berry crisp.
WHEN: Wednesday, 7:30 PM
WHERE: The Rock (16 Sargent St. Directions: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml)
COST: $4 or free if you help cook for an hour or more
BLITZ: Jfer or thug if you want to help cook/have any suggestions for dinner.

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

SWIMMING EXTRAVAGANZA
WHEN: Friday 4-6ish or whenever you want to head back
away from campus and go swimming! It's supposed to get up to 96 on
Friday, so it'll be a great afternoon to go on a small hike then go
swimming in the Connecticut River. Come and have fun!
COST: Free!!!
BLITZ: Jeremy Brouillet to sign up

MT. WASHINGTON PORTAGE
WHEN: 7 pm friday - 8 pm saturday or 7 pm saturday to 8 pm friday, weather and
availability dependent
still go on this trip. We will drive up friday or saturday night, get up early
the next morning and climb Mt. Washington. Carrying a CANOE! That's right, we
will take our place in CnT history by maintaining the tradition of conducting
the most extreme portage possible. The canoe is a lightweight aluminum model and
we will be met at the top by a car to carry the canoe down. Oh, and we will get
the chance to paddle around the highest year-round body of water in the northeast.
The specific date depends on weather and the availability of people, so send in
your preference of date. We also need someone to drive the vehicle to meet us
at the top, so if interested, please respond. Keep the tradition alive!
COST: $10 DOC, $15 non-DOC
BLITZ: Piotr Teterwak with your DA$H number to sign up or ask questions.

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

TRIATHALON OF HUNGER
WHEN: 9 am - 7 pm
COST: $2 for DOC members, $4 otherwise
be leaving for a wonderful 4-mile hike up Mt. Hunger in Stowe, VT followed by
a tour of the Ben and Jerry's Factory, Cabot Cheese Factory, and Apple Cider Mill.
  Free samples  = gooooood timez.  It's like Costco, except even more amazing (if
possible).
BLITZ: Amy Bray with questions or your DA$H to sign up!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

FRANC FALLS
WHEN: 11AM-7PM
COST: $4 DOC/$6 Non-DOC (+$7 for Lodge Dinner)
with a dip in the waterfall or by sliding through the falls on a rock slide! On
the way home, we'll go to the Lodge for dinner. Yummmmmm.
BLITZ: Vipul Kakkad for more information or your DA$H to sign up!