LLTI Archives

July 2011, Week 1

From:
LLTI Editor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2011 10:49:26 -0400
this message is a duplicate with the sender being LLTI rather than the originator of the message (still struggling with the new mail client! - Otmar)

from by [log in to unmask]

-
Dear Mike,
We've been connecting several UC campuses to send/receive LCTL classes using videoconferencing for 10 years. IT has been a quiet but steady program that offers students at UC campuses access to a language not taught at their home campus, by tapping into existing teaching expertise in the UC system. Our biggest challenge has been scheduling between UCLA (on the quarter system) and UC-Berkeley (on a semester system). The technology has evolved in that time to what we are using now, which is:

I'd be very interested to know a little bit more about the nature of your LCTL program via VC -- how many languages, campuses, students, etc. Also, if you're willing to share, why you are doing this? Just helps to learn about the how and why on other campuses. I'm also happy to share more about what we're doing.
Best,
Annelie Rugg, Ph.D.
Director/Humanities CIO  ||  UCLA Center for Digital Humanities
:::::::
Teaching is the purposeful structuring of experiences from which students cannot escape without learning. - author unknown