NISUS Archives

July 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Jon Johanning <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2011 13:02:56 -0400
Here is a somewhat technical explanation of what happened, and some
possible solutions.

http://macsmarticles.blogspot.com/2011/07/rosetta-is-gone-from-mac-os-x-lion.html

Of course, none of them might work in your situation. Perhaps the most
practical one is to partition your disk and run Lion in one partition
and Snow Leopard in the other, but that assumes that you have a big
enough disk. Fortunately, large disks aren't too expensive.

The other alternative is to figure out how to do without PPC
applications, so you don't need Rosetta. We've seen many howls of
anguish on the Net from folks who swear they can't do without Quicken,
for example, but once they calm down, and think about it, they probably
will figure out a way.

Unfortunately, technology marches on.