ALUM-SYL Archives

June 2011, Week 1

ALUM-SYL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Holly Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Holly Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2011 09:15:29 -0400
Sent to us from Thayer alum, Eric Klem

MECHANOLOGY INC

64 Water Street

ATTLEBORO, MA 02703

PH: 508-223-1920

FX: 508-226-3697

www.mechanology.com

Senior Development Engineer

Mechanology (www.mechanology.com) is a technology development firm
focusing on the development and commercialization of innovative compressor/expander
technologies that provide enabling capabilities for energy sensitive markets. Mechanology is
looking for a Sr. Development Engineer with a manufacturing engineering and machine design background
to join our core Development Engineering team. This individual will be a hands-on leader
focused on development and commercialization of our unique compressor and expander
technologies. A successful candidate will be a self-starter who can take responsibility for individual tasks
while managing and guiding an engineering team. Strong verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to effectively document technical work are essential.

Key Duties Include:

* Guiding development of new products and technologies in areas such as
Air Compression, Refrigeration, Air Conditioning, Vacuum, Process Gasses, and/or Natural
Gas compression and distributed power generation.

* Directing design, analysis and validation activities targeted toward
product development and product optimization

* Leading individual tasks as well as managing larger scale commercial
or government funded projects

* Preparing clear and concise documentation of technical work

* Interfacing directly with customer engineering and production teams

* Support business development activities including customer
presentations and proposal preparation for Commercial and Government projects

Required Skills:

* Demonstrated CAD expertise including part design, complicated
assemblies, and detail drawings. SolidWorks experience required.

* Proficiency with analysis tools and techniques including structural
and thermal FEA and CFD

* Demonstrated program management skills

* Design for manufacturing, assembly and reliability experience

* Excellent oral and written communication skills

* Must be able to work in fast paced, results oriented environment both
as a leader and as an individual contributor

Desired Skills:

* Positive displacement machine design experience preferred
(compressors, expanders, engines, pumps)

* Knowledge of Refrigeration/Air Conditioning compression technologies

* Practical understanding of fluid dynamics and thermodynamics

* Knowledge of prototype testing including instrumentation, control and
DAQ systems, and data analysis. LabVIEW and MATLAB expertise preferred.

Education/Experience:

* Minimum BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. MS in Mechanical
Engineering a plus.

* Minimum 5 years experience in machine design and/or manufacturing
engineering

* Demonstrated experience turning prototypes into products

* Experience developing compressors for AC/R applications a STRONG plus

Comprehensive Benefits:

At Mechanology, we are committed to attracting and retaining the best
talent in the market. Our compensation and benefits plan is structured so that you can share in
the company success as well as be rewarded for your own. Our comprehensive benefits include:

* Health and Dental Insurance

* Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance

* Company paid Life Insurance

* Flex Spending Plan (Medical and Dependant Care)

* Paid Holidays

* Paid vacation

Please submit Resume to:

Ann Gagnon