UVCB-MEMBERS Archives

June 2011

UVCB-MEMBERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
John Erickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Erickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2011 10:42:07 -0400
I should have added: If you DO find yourself "landing" at a strange
looking site, avoid clicking on anything and esp. don't provide any
information.

One of the "vectors" these malicious sites use is to pop-up a window
that claims your machine is infected (or slow or whatever) and click
here for a scan, etc.

Just browse quickly away ;)

John
PS: Mac users, don't be smug; in the last month++ you guys were hit by
a widespread problem, too! ;)

--
John S. Erickson, Ph.D.
http://bitwacker.com