MACSCRPT Archives

June 2011

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Nobumi Iyanaga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2011 23:59:05 +0900
Hello Walter,

Thank you for your reply.

On Jun 16, 2011, at 7:34 PM, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:

> Unix tool to check the size of a file's resource fork:
>
>> ls -l filename/..namedfork/rsrc

I tried this on an alias file, and it worked. But I have to say that this is not convenient at all. To be sure that a file is really an empty file, we must always verify with this formula...

Well, Mac file system on Unix is something not convenient at all.

On the other hand, I discovered that with File Buddy, it is easy to list up all the *really* empty files in a drive.

Thank you anyway.

Best regard,

Nobumi Iyanaga
Tokyo,