CABIN-TRAIL Archives

May 2011, Week 4

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2011 17:51:26 -0400
Welcome to CnT!

To sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number
(make sure you have money in your account!) or saying you'd like to pay in
cash.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If the trip is free, just
blitz the leader to reserve a spot.

If you're interested in becoming a DOC Member, please see Julie Bell in Robo.
You'll get discounted trips and lots of other perks.

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY
P&H Truckstop, Wells River VT.  Leave from the Back of Robo at 6:40.  Back
by 9Ls (maybe)

Oliver clenched the wheel of his semi-trailer truck, his face tight with
apprehension and knuckles white with fear (scaredy knuckles!).  He pulled
into the gas station, and got out of the cab.  Irena was waiting by the
diesel pump.  "You're late", she said.  "The wife" he apologized.  They
walked into the station store.  "Stop shaking, Ollie."  Oliver looked for
the bathroom door, and calculated the difference between how long it'd take
him to run there and how much time he had before vomiting.  Irena ordered
for them: two steak and egg sandwiches, one home fries.  "Relax."  She put
her hand on his shoulder.  "You're safe now."

Dinertoure: The ride is free, bring small bills. RSVP to Dinerz

Reckless Breakfast at the Lodj.
Leave Robo 5:15
Back ~10:30
Cost $8 for dinner + $3 for concert. Ride is free.
RSVP to dkick by 10AM Wednesday so we can tell the lodge.

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

Event: Baum Cabin Work Trip
Time: 10am - 4pm (negotiable)
Cost: FREE (cause it's a work trip!)
Pearl, and myself while we do some minor repairs and clean up at Baum Cabin!
We will be BBQing lunch, so it's bound to be a great time!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Event: Gardening, hiking, and Lodge dinner!
Time: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm (somewhat flexible)
Cost: free, but bring money to pay for dinner
Description / Difficulty level:  We'll drive up to the Lodge on Sunday morning
and engage in assorted gardening activities, including: building new plots;
planting flowers, squash, snap peas, and other yummy things; building trellises
using downed trees we find in the woods; and tending to some of the sprouts in
the new garden.  Depending on interest and weather, we can also hike Moosilauke
or go swimming in a nearby pond at some point as well.  And then to top it all
off, we'll eat a super delicious Lodge dinner (and potentially some Fat Bob's
ice cream on the drive back)!
No prior gardening, hiking, or delicious-food-eating experience is required!
Blitz: Eric Ross to sign up

Community Workday at the Center for Whole Communities
When: Saturday, May 28th, Leave at 7:30am from behind Robo, back by 5pm.
Where: Knoll Farm, Waitsfield, VT
Cost: $3 DOC members, $5 non-members
Blitz: Matt Dahlhausen if you have questions or your DA$H # to sign up.

Center for Whole Communities (http://www.wholecommunities.org )
creates a more just, balanced and healthy world by exploring,
honoring, and deepening the connections among land, people and
community. We are activists in a new land movement that integrates
conservation, health, justice, spirit and relationship.

The community workday helps prepare the retreat center for the summer
retreats.  We'll be moving rocks, clearing brush, and doing whatever
else needs done.  A great time will be had by all!  A free, hearty
local harvest lunch for all who come.

THE FUTURE THE FUTURE THE FUTURE

What: GRANT EXTRAVAGANZA
When: June 4-8th times negotiable
Details: Basically, after finals I am encouraging y'all to come up to the
Grant for some serious RandR. There will be ample time for bushwhacking,
creek swimming, BBQ's, fishing, biking, canoeing, cabin-ing, music playing,
star-gazing, and in general just getting lost in some beautiful woods. There
will likely be multiple rides going to and from the place for these 4 days,
so come when you can.
Blitz: Athena Aicher if you are interested in coming. Gotta get me some
GRANT biddies.