LLTI Archives

May 2011, Week 2

From:
Kindersite Joel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2011 17:40:05 -0400
from  [log in to unmask]

Dear sirs

The below has come to my attention.

I am involved and have initiated multiple European Union funded projects (within the Lifelong learning programme - for all levels of education - Kindergarten to adult) whose mission is to motivate the learning of languages generally and the less widely taught languages of Europe in particular. In Europe we call these LWULT languages, there are currently 23 less widely used less taught (LWULT) languages officially recognized so far in Europe.

It is a priority of the EU (the Lisbon priorities) that all European citizens should speak their native and 2 additional languages. This has led to a extensive funding for educational projects that can impact on the learning of languages, and these are the projects I am involved within.

Most of these projects have utilized innovative uses of ICT to promote language learning, including digital games, music (Folk songs and lullabies), social networks, digital comics. Two projects created blended learning courses in 9 LWULT languages.

I am wondering if our practical experience could be of use to your educational needs?

Best

Joel Josephson

Joel H Josephson. Executive Director
http://www.kindersite.org
Skype : acerview54
Twitter : @acerview54
Where children play and teachers learn
Stockholm Prize Finalists
European Union Projects: EduComics, ECLIL, Web2.0ERC, OfficeInteract, EuroLib, GLOSSA, Folk DC (new), aPLaNet (new)
Completed Projects : ARGuing, Don't Give Up, ALL, TOOL2, Chain Stories, Languages from the Cradle, FaceIt