CABIN-TRAIL Archives

April 2011, Week 3

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2011 23:36:19 -0400
Welcome to CnT!

To sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number or
saying you'd like to pay in cash.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If
the trip is free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot.

If you're interested in becoming a DOC Member, please see Julie Bell in Robo.
  You'll get discounted trips and lots of other perks.

<3 CnT

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Dinertoure: Stella's, Hartlands VT, 6:50 AM.  Leave from Roback.
Welcome to the Terming Point, otherwise known as the Term's Turning Point. You've
suddenly realized how deeply you hate your extracurricular commitments (Freshmen),
your new major (Sophomore), your stupid add-on minor (Juniors), or your thesis
(Senior tryhards--the rest of you don't read campus events blitzes), but it's
too late to quit without permanent scars. As spring blossoms around you and spiritual
folk celebrate the Exodus and the Passion, you bemoan the choices you've made
and the seeds you've planted.  But hope--hope springs eternal!  Dinertoure doesn't
ask for resumes or sundress sizes or shuttle run time.  The door of Stella's is
always open (we hope), and all who eat there are happy.  All we ask is for an
RSVP to Dinerz, icebreaker participation, and that you bring small bills.
The ride is free.

Event: FEED!
Time: 6:30- ???
Cost: $4, unless you help cook , in which case it's FREE!
wonderful time at the CnT feed this week!
Its held at The Rock - 16 Sargent St.
Here's a map!  http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml
Blitz Will Bishop if you'd like to help cook!

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

Event: Bike and Hike to Gile Mountain
Time: Friday, 3PM-6PM
Cost: $2 for DOC members, $4 otherwise
Friday afternoon, we'll bike over to Gile Mountain (~6 miles from Hanover), hike
to the fire tower on top (~0.7 miles), eat some delicious snacks, and then head
down and bike on back to Hanover! Come and make your Friday afternoon one of the
best you've had in a while!
Don't have a bike? No problem. We can rent one for you!
Difficulty level: Moderate
Blitz: Julia Hudnut-Beumler or James Jung with your DA$H to sign up

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

  Event: Mt. Sunapee
  Time: 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
  Cost: $6 for DOC members, $9 otherwise (plus $8 for Lodge dinner)
  Description / Difficulty level: Mt. Sunapee is a mountain about a half hour from
Dartmouth, overlooking a gorgeous lake. It's a moderate 6.5 mile hike on the Andrews
Brook Trail. We will leave at 8:30, hike up with lots of awesome company and delicious
food, and get back in time for dinner!!
Blitz: Piotr Teterwak with your DASH to sign up