LLTI Archives

April 2011, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2011 15:51:24 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Cheryl Turner Elwell <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Cheryl Turner Elwell <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 17:04:13 -0400
>Subject: Academic Technology position at Clark University
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information    Forum'"	<[log in to unmask]>

An Academic Technology Associate position has opened at Clark University in Worcester,
MA.  The full posting is available at http://www.clarku.edu/offices/hr/jobsdb.cfm?id=699&viewjob=1&grouping=S.

I'm happy to answer questions off list with regard to the position.

Cheers,
Cheryl

Cheryl Turner Elwell | Clark University, ITS | Director of Academic Technology
Services | Goddard Library, Suite 407 | 950 Main Street, Worcester, MA  01610
| [log in to unmask] | 508-421-3714 | www.clarku.edu/its

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Information Technology Services:
Academic Technology Associate (replacement)

Creative, customer-service oriented technologist needed to work closely with the
Academic Technologist (AT) and Director of Academic Technology Services, as well
as in consultation with faculty, to creatively design, produce, implement, and
document, a variety of multimedia content; provide assistance in the use of instructional
technologies; and coordinate the educational media needs of faculty, staff, and
students.

Major responsibilities will include: in concert with AT staff, provide technical
consulting, training, and project support to help faculty effectively integrate
electronic tools and materials into their teaching and work. This may include,
but may not be limited to, web-site creation, video production, video conferencing,
visual presentations, graphics, multimedia, online course materials, and animations.

Also facilitate the conversion and transfer of educational materials to the web
or other digital media formats (i.e., video/audio digitizing and streaming).

Work with Academic Technology Services team and faculty to utilize our course
management system, create learning materials, simulations, web objects, etc. in
support of curricular goals.

Train faculty, students and staff in the use of new technologies associated with
the creation and/or delivery of course materials. Facilitate workshops related
to the use of various media hardware and software. Develop web-based information
resources, which enable faculty and students to use instructional technologies
successfully as well as provide production and/or post-production A/V support
for academic events.

Must stay abreast of emerging trends in the area of educational technologies,
graphics, and presentation media, and when appropriate, make recommendations to
supervisor as well as working as part of team to ensure goals and mission of the
Academic Technology Services team are achieved.

Requirements include a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in a related field;
a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in current web, media and/or graphic
production tools and techniques; additional years of experience may be considered
in lieu of degree requirement.

Proficient in a combination of web development, video production, visual presentation,
graphics, multimedia, database design, and/or animation software in a Windows-based
computing environment. Experience using visual presentation software (i.e. PowerPoint),
graphics software (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator), multimedia software (i.e. Flash,
Camtasia Producer), document conversion/preparation software (i.e. Adobe Acrobat,
Publisher), web development software (i.e. Dreamweaver, HTML), and online course
delivery software (i.e. Moodle, Blackboard, WebCT). The acquired skills of this
position must grow as the needs of the faculty develop and become more sophisticated
in the use of multi-media and educational technologies.

Strong interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to communicate effectively
with people at varying levels of computer literacy; and the ability to establish
collaborative working relationships at all levels of the University is required.

Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to set priorities
and work concurrently on multiple tasks and projects; ability to communicate progress/problems
to appropriate personnel effectively. The ability to work nights and weekends
occasionally is required.

Desired is a knowledge of instructional design and educational theory as well
as prior work experience in an academic environment. Experience designing online
education is also desired.

Starting salary dependent on experience with excellent benefits including employee
and family tuition benefits, generous retirement plan contributions; 4 weeks vacation;
health insurance, free use of campus fitness center and many more.

Please e-mail cover letter, resume and reference contact info to: <[log in to unmask]>
or mail to: Clark University, Human Resources, 950 Main Street, Worcester, MA
01610

AA/EOE Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply