LLTI Archives

April 2011, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2011 16:00:25 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from 15.5 ---

From: "Sangeetha Gopalakrishnan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 16:33:30 -0400
Subject: use of copyrighted digital media - need for examples
To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'" <[log in to unmask]>

Greetings, everyone!

Judith Shoaf and I are going to be presenting a panel at the upcoming IALLT
conference entitled "Use of Copyrighted Digital Media in Instruction: To
stream or not to stream?". This panel will first outline significant rules
governing the educational use of copyrighted digital media and review some
recent changes to laws governing such use. Second, this panel will explore
some of the complex questions that confound educators using examples.
Finally, panelists will explore the role of IALLT in policy and regulation
reform with respect to the instructional use of copyrighted digital media.
The panelists will describe IALLT's efforts thus far, and the outcomes.

Judy and I would like to gather examples of complex questions pertaining to
the use of copyrighted digital media that is confronting members of the
IALLT community. If you have a situation that you want some clarification on
we would like to hear about it. We will use your situation in our panel
presentation to discuss the laws governing your intended use of copyrighted
material. We will also explore your options.

If you  decide to share your situation with us  we will NOT disclose your
name or your institution's to anyone. Please email me or Judy Shoaf,
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] directly with your digital
media and copyright dilemma.

Many thanks for your contributions!

Sangeetha

Sangeetha Gopalakrishnan

Director
Foreign Language Technology Center

Wayne State University
385 Alex Manoogian Hall
906 W. Warren Avenue
Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA

Email:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]
Tel: 313-577-6391
Fax: 313-577-3041

  <http://www.langlab.wayne.edu/> http://www.langlab.wayne.edu

Anthony Helm, LLTI-Editor ([log in to unmask])