FMPRO-L Archives

April 2011, Week 1

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
David McQueen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2011 14:41:20 -0400
Hi All,

I ran into this today and figured I would post in case some one else
could use it.

Scenario:

3 week old MacBook with Snow Leopard
Served FileMaker Files
FileMaker Pro 9
Mixed Windows / Mac environment, Windows server.

Problem:

User could open up FileMaker Pro 9.  Using Open Remote, he could see
the server.  When he selected the server, no files showed.

No other machines exhibited the problem, either Mac or Win.

Initial thoughts:

Somehow the 5003 port has not been opened on the new machine.
Running Network utility confirmed this.

Cause of problem:

Installing FMP 9 requires Rosetta.  Rosetta will be invoked on an
install of FileMaker if it has not been previously installed. The
subsequent Rossetta installation for this is faulty and does not open
up the port.

Solution:

1. Uninstall FileMaker Pro

2. Do a separate installation of Rossetta from the system disks.

3. Re-install FileMaker Pro.

Hopefully this will save some one  some head scratching time. These
guys had been trying for the full three weeks before calling.

Dave
--
David A. McQueen
LICHEN Software