CABIN-TRAIL Archives

April 2011, Week 1

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2011 12:56:06 -0400
Welcome to CnT!

To sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number or
saying you'd like to pay in cash.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If
the trip is free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot.

If you're interested in becoming a DOC Member, please see Julie Bell in Robo.
  You'll get discounted trips and lots of other perks.

<3 CnT

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Event: FEED!
Time: 6:30- ???
Cost: $4, unless you help cook , in which case it's FREE!
wonderful time at the CnT feed this week!
Its held at The Rock - 16 Sargent St.
Here's a map!  http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml
Blitz Alison Helzer if you'd like to help cook!

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY

Event: Mt. Gile Sunset Hike
Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Cost: $1 for DOC members, $2 for non-members
Description / Difficulty level: Come on a short, relaxing 1.4 mile (round trip)
hike up Gile Mountain in Norwich. We'll climb up to the fire tower on top for
a great view of the sunset (if it's not raining!). Stop by the '53 Commons before
the trip and grab your own dinner to eat on the mountain!
Blitz: Jesse Rieb with your DA$H number to sign up.

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

Event: Liberty & Flume and P&H truckstop Dinner
Time: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Cost: $7 for DOC members, $9 otherwise (plus money for dinner)
Description / Difficulty level: Liberty and Flume are the two southernmost
mountains in the Franconia Ridge, which is just north of Moosilauke.  We'll
drive up early Satuday morning, then go for a 9 mile hike - spectacular views.
Might rain so come prepared.

Blitz: Wouter Zwart with your DASH to sign up

Event: Mount Cardigan Hike
Time: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Cost: $4 for DOC members, $6 otherwise
Description/Difficulty Level: We will go on an easy 4-mile round trip hike (with
or without snowshoes depending on snow conditions) up to Mount Cardigan's bald
summit. Weather permitting, there will be a panoramic view oft-quoted as "the
best in the White Mountains." Good times are a guarantee and some delicious snacks/lunch
will be provided.
Blitz: Kyle Heppenstall or Julia Hudnut-Beumler for more info or to sign up.

Event:  Arathusa Falls and P&H Truck Stop Pie
Time: 11 Am - Around 10 pm
Cost: 5 dollars DOC members, 7 otherwise, plus money for pie and/or dinner at
the truck stop.
New Hampshire, is located a pleasant 1.2 miles from the trailhead.  We will take
a leisurely hike up the trail, stop to delight in the waterfall at the top, and
then return to the vehicle and go to P&H, home of the best pies in New Hampshire,
where we shall meet up with the Liberty and Flume trip.  A good time will be had
by all!
BLITZ: Becca Stebbins or Sam Reckford with your DASH to sign up!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Event: Triathlon of HUNGER!
Time: 7am - 7:30pm
Cost: $5 for DOC members, $9 otherwise PLUS $3 for the tours (more if you want
to buy more food)
Difficulty: Moderate hiking, EXTREME eating
in Vermont, we'll start the day with a moderate 3.8 mile hike on the aptly named
Mt. Hunger, which promises beautiful views all the way up. Our stomachs being
sufficently empty at this point, we will proceed to the REAL challenge - the triathlon.
First stop is the Cold Hollow Cider Mill, offering delicious cider doughnuts and
free cider samples. Next, we'll visit the Ben and Jerry's factory, enjoying free
ice cream samples as we tour the complex. Finally, we'll make our way to the Cabot
Annex store, munching on free samples of every Cabot cheese available. Our appetites
satiated at last, we will revel in the glory of food and drink as we make our
way back to Hanover, getting back by 7:30.
Blitz: mnd with your DASH to sign up

DINERTOURE INFO

Dinertori Amos

Wednesday, Leave at 6:50 AM, back by 9L's!
This Week: Dishin' it Out, Canaan, NH

As Passover approaches, Dartmouth has hit us with plagues: Blood, Frogs,
Jadedness, KDS (read The D), The Foco Alternative Grill, One Room Bunk Bed
Doubles, Cold Sores, Frisbee kids, April Snow Showers, and inviting a
special lady out for dinner and hearing her say that she'll never bear your
first-born*.

Well Israelites, on Wednesday we escape to Canaan!  Dishin' It Out is the
Promised Land of Diners--there's milk, honey, and plates on the wall.  It's
also cozier than a panda's belly, so you actually have to RSVP for this one.
  Check out their website for extra information and excellent use of Comic
Sans Font: www.dishinitout.net/

Meet at Roback (the back of Robo).  The Ride is Free, Bring Small Bills RSVP to
DINERZ

*Which would be a weird dinner for a first date