Font:

LISTSERV Archives

DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING Home

DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING  April 2011

DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING April 2011

Zero Waste Challenge

Mountain Biking Club <[log in to unmask]>

Mountain Biking Club <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 19 Apr 2011 13:38:09 -0400

text/plain

In case you haven't heard...

 ~*****~*****~*****~*****~*****~*****~*****~*****~*****~
                THE ZERO WASTE CHALLENGE
 ~*****~*****~*****~*****~*****~*****~*****~*****~*****~

 The Idea:
 Carry your trash, everything you cannot compost or recycle, with you
everywhere for three days.

 The Goals:

 Learn where trash comes from and how much of it we each produce.
 See how little trash you can generate!
 Help us improve the Dartmouth waste system! (we'll collect your input
at the end)!

 ~*ZERO WASTE INFO SESSION*~
 Monday 18th: 4-5pm
 Collis 101
 Open to All. Come with questions. Get answers!

 ~*ZERO WASTE KICK OFF*~
 Tuesday 19th: 12-2 Collis Patio Area
 (rain location: '53 Commons)
 Please feel free to take a few additional bags to hand out to
administrators, professors and friends.  Leftover bags will be
available in Robo 108.

 ~*ZERO WASTE COLLECTION*~
 Friday 22nd: 12-2 Collis Patio Area
 ('53 Commons, rain location)
 You did it! 3 whole days of carrying your trash! So what did you learn?
 Video record your experience with the Office of Sustainability

 ~*How little waste can you generate in 3 days?* ~

 Last year, Dartmouth generated more than 3000 tons of solid waste. Of
that waste, we recycled 26%. Much of the trash that went to the
landfill was also recyclable.  Help Dartmouth increase its recycling
rate and decrease waste! Decrease your own carbon footprint!

 We're doing the ZERO WASTE CHALLENGE as a part of Earth Week to raise
awareness about Dartmouth's recycling and composting initiatives.  We
hope the ZERO WASTE CHALLENGE helps us to learn about our recycling,
composting and trash behavior. We encourage all to participate

 Blitz "sustain" with questions.

 Sponsored by Sustainability at Dartmouth

                                Dartmouth Mountain Biking

To blitz to the list, send a blitz to [log in to unmask]
To be removed from the list, blitz "SIGNOFF DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING" to [log in to unmask]

If you have any questions about anything biking related blitz MBC