UV-BIRDERS Archives

March 2011, Week 5

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Judy Lombardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2011 19:08:20 -0400
I concur with Blake....I have seen the same behavior in my redpolls....I have had huge flocks of 200+ all winter, but have seen a steady decline since the weekend to just @ 30-40 today.  I have seen them drive off all the other species from their feeders, including all other birds ( no matter the size) and the red and gray squirrels.  Have not seen them take on a hawk, though....
Judy Lombardi
Golden Acres Photography
WHite River Junction