CABIN-TRAIL Archives

March 2011, Week 5

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:45:04 -0400
Welcome to CnT!

To sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number or
saying you'd like to pay in cash.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If
the trip is free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot.

If you're interested in becoming a DOC Member, please see Julie Bell in Robo.
  You'll get discounted trips and lots of other perks.

<3 CnT

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Spring Dinerwakening
Eaton's Sugarhouse, South Royalton VT.  Leave from the back of Robo at 6:42 AM
This week, Members of the Class of 2011 started writing their bucket lists. No
more would they sing the theme from "The Social Network" as they went on Facebook
in the new Baker Lounge so that they could pretend they were
*inventing* Facebook!  With little time left, they wanted to make something of
their Dartmouth Careers.  And so they set their analog watch alarms, they cleaned
their false teeth, and they became "Those Who are About to Dine". This week, join
these dreamers.  Dinertoure starts off the term ferociously at the Eaton Sugarhouse,
the place that invented the Pancake back in 1761
(It was used to declare truces during the French-Indian War--if a Frenchman made
a "fluffy crepe" it meant that he was willing to negotiate land). Suckle maple
syrup from the tree's teat, and feel reborn with the Spring!
The ride is free, bring small bills.

Event: Planning Feed!
Time: 6:30
Cost: $4, or free if you help cook
this term!
Location: The Rock, 16 Sargent St. (http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml)
Blitz: emmas to help cook, just show up to eat

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

Mt. Ascutney!!!
Time: 9:00am-later in the day
Cost:  $4 for DOC members, $6 otherwise
Description / Difficulty level: The trip up Mt. Ascutney is a moderate, gradual,
7-mile hike with gorgeous views and probably a bit of snow.  We'll leave at 9am
Saturday morning, drive about 30 minutes into Vermont and hit the trail.  Snacks
and good company will be provided.
Blitz banjo with your DASH to sign up!

Event: Mt. Cardigan
Time: 11 am-6pm
Cost: $5 for DOC members, $7 otherwise
description/difficulty level:  a 4 mile easy hike with a beautiful view at the
top, the Mt. Cardigan hike is sure to be a great time for all.  Entertainment
will be provided in the form of funny times.  Basically, this trip is going to
be chill and awesome.  Lunch is totally included, and hiking is a given.
Blitz: Brendan Nagle with your DA$H to sign up.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Event: Navigational Skillz Workshop
Time: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Cost: $5 for DOC members, $7 otherwise
Description / Difficulty level: Come learn how to navigate in the woods!  We'll
meet at Robo for a brief overview of map and compass use, then drive 10 minutes
to Burnt Mountain to get some experience orienteering.  We'll snowshoe around
the woods for a while, find our way to different points on the map, and climb
up to a great viewpoint on Burnt Mountain.  Have a blast and learn some useful
wilderness skillz!
Blitz: Eric Ross with your DASH# to sign up