LLTI Archives

March 2011, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2011 18:33:30 -0400

--- Forwarded Message from 15.5 ---

From: Stephane_Charitos <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 16:29:06 -0400
Subject: Conference April 30, 3011 - "What Future for the Less Commonly Taught
Languages?"
To: [log in to unmask]

CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT - No registration required but please RSVP online at www.lrc.columbia.edu/conference.

The Language Resource Center of Columbia University together with the Columbia
Global Centers and the Consortium for Language Teaching and Learning is organizing
a one day conference on the theme of "What Future for the Less Commonly Taught
Languages?" This conference is the first in a planned series of conferences exploring
topics germane to the teaching and learning of less commonly taught languages
the Center will host in the coming years.

The conference aims to bring together language teachers, educators, administrators
and other stakeholders to discuss, and share research, theory, and best practices
on the current state and future of the LCTL as well as initiate a meaningful professional
dialogue on this topic amongst those who are interested in sustaining the teaching
and learning of LCTL at US institutions.