NISUS Archives

March 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Geoffrey Heard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2011 19:04:47 +1100
hello Kino, Nobumi, Rick, Takamitsu Muraoka, Gene, and any other
listers in Japan

I've just been watching in horror the pictures on TV of the
earthquake damage and then the tsunami sweeping across the land.

I hope you are all safe and all those you love are safe. Clearly,
many, many people are not safe. Reporters not even talking about
possible numbers dead, hurt and homeless -- and the pictures make it
clear that it will be a long time before we know the final tally.

The scale of the disaster is almost beyond comprehension.

My deepest sympathy and condolences to you and to all Japan.

My very best wishes

geoff