CABIN-TRAIL Archives

February 2011, Week 4

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2011 13:54:50 -0500
Welcome to CnT!

To Sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number or
saying you'd like to pay in cash.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If
the trip is free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot.

If you're interested in becoming a DOC Member, please see Julie Bell in Robo.
  You'll get discounted trips and lots of other perks.

<3 CnT

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Event: DinerToure to Dan's Windsor Diner!
Time: 6:45 AM Wednesday, back by 9Ls
Cost: Free ride, bring small bills for food
Description / Difficulty level: Exams got you down? Come drown those regrets in
pure maple syrup this week on dinertoure's adventure to the Windsor Diner! After
all, nothing celebrates the homestretch of 11W quite like pancakes and omelets.
Blitz: dinermatrix

Event: Redwall Feed!
Time: 6:30- ???
Cost: $3, unless you help cook, in which case it is FREE!
and food enthusiast), we will be cooking up a traditional Redwall Feast! The menu
will be:
-Loamhedge Buttermilk Cornbread
-Strawberry Cordial
-Candied Carrots
-Deeper'N Ever Turnip'N Tater'N Beetroot Pie
-Nunnymolers
So come to The Rock and tuck into a great feast, wot wot!
Blitz: Sunflash if you'd like to eat or help cook!

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY

Event: Woodcutting at Armington
Time: 7:30 AM - 12:00 noon, Thursday, Feb. 24
Cost: Free!
the cabin.  Come out if you want some experience, and especially if you're chainsaw
certified!
Blitz: Will Bishop

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

Mt. Carrigain Snowshoe
Time: 8:00pm friday to 7:00pm saturday
Cost: $10 DOC, $12 non-DOC
trip. we will leave on friday evening after dinner and drive to the lovely Ritchie
Smith cabin, where we will spend a cozy night with plenty of sleep and/or hanging
out. The next morning we will get up and embark on an epic 14 mile snowshoe (4miles
on skis if we can get them and people are interested) that climbs one of the nicest
mountains in New Hampshire. Centrally located in the white mountains and boasting
a 360 degree view from the top, it is well worth the effort. In conclusion, this
trip will be great and if you like winter and big mountains, you should do it.
Blitz: wales with your dash number to sign up or ask questions

WHAT: Winter Grant Weekend of Epic Formal Proportions.
WHEN: Feb. 25 - 27th
WHOA: dogsledding, xc-skiing, snowshoeing, hangin' out in 27,000 acres of wilderness.

Mark your calendars!
HOW: blitz "spidey" if you'd like more info on the best trip ever in the history

of CnT.

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

Event: Hike the Kinsmans!
Time: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Cost: $7 for DOC members, $9 otherwise
Description / Difficulty level: The Kinsmans are a pair of 4,000 foot mountains
just north of Moosilauke.  We'll drive up early on Saturday morning and go for
an 8-10 mile hike through the best winter wonderland New Hampshire can offer.
  Spectacular views are guaranteed from the summits!  If time permits, we'll also
visit the Cannon Balls, a pair of excellently-named nearby peaks with great views
of the surrounding White Mountains.
And if you need any particular gear or clothing for winter hiking, we can rent
it for you for free!
Blitz: Cat Mejia with your DASH# to sign up

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Event: Mt. Cube Hike
Time: 9:00 am - 5ish pm
Cost: $5 for DOC members, $7 otherwise
from the summit of this particular mountain have been described as "incredible,"
with views back toward Hanover and ahead toward the Whites. If that isn't enough,
we can promise good company, good food, and an uproarious good time. All of this
in a single day hike! And we'll get back with plenty of time to finish/start Monday's
homework! We should be able to get any gear you need.
Blitz: mnd with your DASH to sign up or ask questions