LLTI Archives

February 2011, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2011 22:02:27 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from 15.5 ---

From: Christian Borja <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 14:00:30 +0000
Subject: Re: #9583 Tracking student lab use
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
CC: Cindy Marston <[log in to unmask]>

LeeAnn:
At Principia College we use a system called Aristotle by Sergeant Laboratories
(http://provecompliance.com/). The system consists of an appliance that sit on
your server rack and a software client that runs on the machines you want to monitor.
We use the system to monitor what pieces of software are being used more often
in out language lab but the system can provide you with all sorts of information
by computer, user, etc. It is a very comprehensive system and I would recommend
it. It is also pretty simple to setup sine it is an appliance you just plug it
in give it an IP address and the client takes care of the rest. All updates are
done by the company so you don't even have to worry about that. We have been running
it from 2.5 years now and it works great. The client works on PC, MAC and Linux
so you can also use the system to monitor other labs or systems in your campus
as well.

Let me know if you have any questions
--
Christian Borja