LLTI Archives

February 2011, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2011 19:31:02 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from National Foreign Language Resource Center <[log in to unmask]>
---

>From: National Foreign Language Resource Center <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 20:41:34 -1000 (HST)
>Subject: Language Learning & Technology Issue 15:1 (February 2011) is now available
>To: [log in to unmask]

We are happy to announce that Volume 15 Number 1 of Language Learning & Technology
is now available at http://llt.msu.edu. This is a special issue on Multilateral
Online Exchanges by guest editors Tim Lewis, Thierry Chanier, and Bonnie Youngs.

The contents are listed below.

Please visit the LLT Web site and be sure to enter your free subscription if you
have not already done so. We welcome your contributions for future issues. See
our guidelines for submission at http://llt.msu.edu/contrib.html. Please also
note our new action research column edited by Fernando Naiditch is soliciting
submissions (http://llt.msu.edu/papers/index.html).

Sincerely,

Dorothy Chun and Irene Thompson, Editors
Language Learning & Technology

----- FEATURE ARTICLES -----

Negotiation of Meaning and Corrective Feedback in Japanese/English eTandem
Jack Bower & Satomi Kawaguchi

Computer-Mediated Corrective Feedback and Language Accuracy in Telecollaborative
Exchanges
Margarita Vinagre & Beatriz Munoz

Tandem Language Learning through a Cross-Cultural Keypal Project
Kaori Kabata & Yasuyo Edasawa

Learner Interpretations of Shared Space in Multilateral English Blogging
Yu-Feng (Diana) Yang

LITERALIA: Towards Developing Intercultural Maturity Online
Ursula Stickler & Martina Emke

----- COLUMNS -----

Emerging Technologies
YouTube for Foreign Languages: You Have to See This Video
by Joseph M. Terantino

Special Issue Commentary
Multilateral Online Exchanges for Language and Culture Learning
by Tim Lewis, Thierry Chanier, & Bonnie Youngs

----- REVIEWS -----

Edited by Paige Ware

Telecollaboration 2.0: Language, Literacies, and Intercultural Learning in
the 21st Century
Sarah Guth & Francesca Helm (Eds.)
Reviewed by Olga Basharina

Online Intercultural Exchanges: An Introduction for Foreign Language
Teachers
Robert O'Dowd
Reviewed by Dawn Bikowski

Wimba Voice 6.0 Collaboration Suite
Wimba, Inc. (now Blackboard Collaborate)
Reviewed by Elena Cotos

Livemocha
Shirish Nadkarni; supported by Pearson and Collins
Reviewed by Meei-Ling Liaw

----- CALL FOR PAPERS -----

Special Issue on Technology and Less Commonly Taught Languages