CABIN-TRAIL Archives

February 2011, Week 1

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2011 14:30:44 -0500
Welcome to CnT!

To Sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number or
saying you'd like to pay in cash.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader
reserve a spot.

If you're interested in becoming a DOC Member, please see Julie Bell in Robo.

You'll get discounted trips and lots of other perks.

<3 CnT

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Event: Magical Mystery Dinertoure!
Time: back of Robo at 7:30, back by 9Ls
Cost: walk is free, bring small bills for yumyum
Restaurant nestled in the lovely town of Hanover, NH.  We'll be taking a brisk
walk in the snowy winter wonderland (bring skis if you wanna, I'm sure Caitlin
will be down to ski with you) to the fortress of coffee and sweets where we will
have our fill of out-of-this-world french toast and some pretty good pancakes.
  You won't want to miss this opportunity to get a taste of what Hanover has to
offer.
Blitz: dinersaur with questions or to sign up!

Event: CnT Feed!
Time: 6:30 pm
Cost: $4
Description / Difficulty level: Come to 'The Rock'--16 Sargent St. (http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml)
--to eat breakfast for dinner with Cabin and Trail!
Blitz: Alan Keegan if you want to help cook.

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

What: Ski Moosilauke
Time 7:00pm Friday - 7:00pm Saturday
Cost:$10 for DOC, $12 otherwise (subject to change)
Description/Difficulty-  We will be skinning and skiing Moosilauke after staying
overnight in Great Bear.  We are planning to do equipment rentals this week and
will need you to sign up in time to go stop at the Occom Pond cabin for boot sizing.
  We should get back around dinner time on saturday.  Skiing experience is required.

Old Speck Snowshoe Overnight
Time: 7:00pm Friday - 8:30pm Saturday
Cost: $12 for DOC members, $15 for non-members
mountain in Maine. The round trip will be 8 miles and grades will be steep. Your
rewards for this endeavor are spectacular (weather permitting) 360 degree views
and the chance to explore a mountain all but unknown in the Dartmouth world. Included
is a night at the ridiculously plush Billings cabin, the electrified wonder of
the DOC cabin system. Departure times on Friday evening are negotiable.
Blitz: wales with your dash number to sign up or ask questions

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Event: Velvet Snowshoes
Time: 10am-2ish
Cost: $2 for DOC members, $4 for muggles
There will be snowshoes, poles and gaitors provided. All levels of snowshoers
are welcome but this is a very serious trip, we will not turn back until we reach
the summit (except if we get tired/run out of snacks). With around 20 inches of
snow on the way  this trip should be AWESOME. Blitz Gerben with your DA$H to sign
up.

FUTURE FUTURE FUTURE

WHAT: Winter Grant Weekend of Epic Formal Proportions.
WHEN: Feb. 25 - 27th
WHOA: dogsledding, xc-skiing, snowshoeing, hangin' out in 27,000 acres of wilderness.

Mark your calendars!
HOW: blitz "spidey" if you'd like more info on the best trip ever in the history

of CnT.