LLTI Archives

January 2011, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2011 23:13:37 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Thomas Plagwitz <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Thomas Plagwitz <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 18:06:05 -0500
>Subject: RE: #9962 Camera advice?
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"    <[log in to unmask]>

Hi,

For the amount you quote, I doubt that it is worth checking whether any of
the lecture capturing systems out there can work with your class setup.

But if you can fit your class around a conference table, maybe you could
look into formerly Microsoft Roundtable, now Polycom  CX5000.

This technology recalculates a 360 degree video angle into a single
wide-screen picture.

If I remember correctly, it also switches on one of multiple directional
microphones to the direction of the active speaker.

This could be beneficial, since multiple microphones mixed down, because of
the slightly different travel times of the sound, can easily degrade the
overall sound quality.

Thanks,
Thomas
Dr. Thomas Plagwitz |Director, Language Resource Center
UNC Charlotte | Dept. of Languages and Culture Studies
9201 University City Blvd. | Charlotte, NC 28223
Phone: 704-687-8762 | Fax: 704-687-3496
http://plagwitz.org | http://lrc.uncc.edu
If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission or a person
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any  disclosure,
copying, distribution, or other use of any of the information in this
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission
in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail or by telephone at
704-687-8762. Thank you.
http://www.publicrelations.uncc.edu/logo/e-standards.html