LLTI Archives

January 2011, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2011 23:08:59 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Gavin Ng <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Gavin Ng <[log in to unmask]>
>Date:         Thu, 27 Jan 2011 02:12:28 -0500
>Subject: Re: #9959.7 Recording help
>To: [log in to unmask]
>cc: Gavin Ng <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Joan & Lauren,

Thanks Lauren for mentioning WebSwami in this thread :)

Just as an extra note we are happy to host for customers, but it isn't our
main business.  We are currently hosting for quite a few client colleges and
schools worldwide.  We've even gone to the point of helping organizations
find connections fast for both local campus and international distance
learners.

As Lauren notes, WebSwami with it's 10+ interactive multimedia activity
formats (half allowing webcam/audio recording), is very suited to
asynchronous teacher/student interaction e.g. video roleplay simulations and
webcam video feedback tied to activities.

However, a lot of customers have asked us to add more social-learning tools
in the interface so in the next two months we're adding new functionality
like student-video downloads and linking so students can archive their own
recordings or embed them into Facebook, e-portfolios, youtube or LMS message
boards etc for sharing / peer evaluation.

If you'd like more info feel free to drop us a line at [log in to unmask] for
a demo, or please visit our website at www.webswami.com

Kind regards,

Gavin Ng
Lead Developer & System Designer, WebSwami
www.webswami.com

"Breaking the Barriers in Language & Distance Learning"