LLTI Archives

January 2011, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2011 22:24:38 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from 15.5 ---

From: Barbara Sawhill <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 12:59:54 -0500
Subject: Announcing the upcoming IALLT Elections for President-Elect and Treasurer
To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Greetings,

On behalf of the IALLT Elections Committee, it is my pleasure and privilege
to announce the upcoming IALLT elections for Treasurer and President-Elect
as well as the candidates for these offices. At this time of widespread
turmoil in language departments around the academy, we are fortunate to have
a wealth of excellent choices for our leadership.

Five candidates are running for the office of President-Elect, in
alphabetical order: Ryan Brazell from the University of California San
Francisco, Sangeetha Gopalakrishnan from Wayne State University, Harold
Hendricks  from Brigham Young University, Gus Leonard from California State
University at Monterey Bay, and Andrew Ross from Arizona State University.

One candidate is running for the office of Treasurer: Kristy Britt from the
University of South Alabama.

To learn more about the candidates, please go to http://www.iallt.org, log
in, and click on the purple "Elections" button in the right sidebar. This
will open the elections page. You will be presented with two links: "IALLT
ELECTIONS 2011 - President-elect" and "IALLT ELECTIONS 2011 - Treasurer."
Click on these links to access the candidates' pages, where they have posted
a photo and short autobiographical and position statements.

On February 1st, the Elections Committee will moderate a web conference with
the candidates for President-Elect. The audio from the event will be
recorded and posted to the IALLT website. If you have any questions for the
candidates that you would like asked at this event, please send them to any
member of the Election Committee by 5 p.m. EST January 31st. We may not have
time to ask all of the questions submitted, but we will give it our best
shot.

Elections will take place via the IALLT website from February 14th through
February 28th. Members must be in good standing (i.e. membership dues paid
at the time of the election) in order to vote. In the case that there is not
a clear winner (a margin of 5% of the total votes cast) a runoff will be
held during the first week of March. Election results will be released to
you during March. Members will receive further instructions via email.

Should you have any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Barbara Sawhill

Head, IALLT Elections Committee
Past President, IALLT