LLTI Archives

January 2011, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2011 13:47:58 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from "Toulouse, Mary T" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Toulouse, Mary T" <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 13:32:36 -0500 (EST)
>Subject: Re: #9556.2 Electronic portfolios
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum      <[log in to unmask]>

We've been working department-wide with the ePortfolio as a means of assessment
here at Lafayette College.  This is our fourth year of development; originally
we used html (Dreamweaver) and have since made a switch to blog software. In conjunction
with this, we've already set up some templates on Google docs for others to use
if they wish (I expect to make some updates to them in the next few weeks if you
are interested). The German section at Cornell has also been using an ePortfolio.
  Both institutions did presentations at ACTFL as well as the folks from Linguafolio
(K-12).   Lafayette will do a workshop on building an ePortfolio at the upcoming
NEALLT conference at UPenn, April 1-3.

Mary Toulouse
Director of the Foreign Language Resource Center
Lafayette College
Easton, PA 18042

Tel: 610-3305265
Fax:  610-330-5656