CABIN-TRAIL Archives

January 2011, Week 4

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2011 12:43:37 -0500
Welcome to CnT!

To Sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number or
saying you'd like to pay in cash.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader
reserve a spot.

If you're interested in becoming a DOC Member, please see Julie Bell in Robo.

You'll get discounted trips and lots of other perks.

<3 CnT

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Event: Dinertoure does Stella's!
Time: 7 am, back by 9Ls
Cost: ride is free, but bring small bills for food!!
set in scenic Hartland, VT.  I've heard it described as "a hole-in-the-wall, mom
& pop, hidden gem type of place."  And if that doesn't convince you, I don't know
what will.  We'll be meeting at the back of robo niiiiiice and early at 7 am,
but the food, friendship, and fun that awaits you is always worth the lost sleep.

Blitz: dinerwheels with questions or to sign up!

Event: CnT Feed!
Time: 6:30 pm
Cost: $4
Description / Difficulty level: Come to 'The Rock'--16 Sargent St. (http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml)
--to eat BURRITOS with Cabin and Trail! There may also be homemade applesauce.
Because the burritos will be so delicious, you must have eaten at least once before
to go on this trip--you have to be confident of your mastication skills. Gear
rental is free
Blitz: Matt Pickart if you want to help cook.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Event: Mt. Cardigan Hike
Time: 9:00 AM, Sunday, January 30
Cost: $5 DOC, $7 non-DOC
Description / Difficulty level: Cardigan is a moderate hike a short distance from
campus.  There are beautiful views from the top, but it can be very cold and windy,
so make sure you have appropriate layers!  (You can also get them from DOR for
free.)  Come celebrate winter on the summit!
Blitz: akwdb with your DASH number to sign up

FUTURE FUTURE FUTURE

WHAT: Winter Grant Weekend of Epic Formal Proportions.
WHEN: Feb. 25 - 27th
WHOA: dogsledding, xc-skiing, snowshoeing, hangin' out in 27,000 acres of wilderness.

Mark your calendars!
HOW: blitz "spidey" if you'd like more info on the best trip ever in the history

of CnT.