CABIN-TRAIL Archives

January 2011, Week 3

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2011 14:29:31 -0500
Welcome to CnT!

To Sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number or
saying you'd like to pay in cash.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader
reserve a spot.

If you're interested in becoming a DOC Member, please see Julie Bell in Robo.

You'll get discounted trips and lots of other perks.

<3 CnT

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Event: DINERTOURE does Isabell's...part deux
Time: 7 am at the back of Robo, back by 9L's!
Cost: ride is free, bring small bills for yumyum
DinerToure.  We may have been snowed in at Collis last week, but we WILL not be
thwarted this week!  We'll be leaving at 7 from the back of Robo to enjoy the
delightfully delicious dinergrub of Isabell's Cafe in Thetford, VT (it has a picket
fence!  A PICKET FENCE.  HOW CAN YOU NOT WANNA GO???)  Well worth the earlier
wake up time.  Good food and good company guaranteed.
Blitz: Amy Bray (dinersaur) with questions or to sign up!

Event: CnT Feed!
Time: 6 pm
Cost: $4
Description / Difficulty level:  Everyone welcome!  Feeds are held at the Rock

(http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml) and this week will featuer chilli!
Blitz: alan keegan to help cook

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

Event: Hike Lafayette and Lincoln
Time: 7:30 am - 6:00 pm
Cost: $8 for DOC members, $10 otherwise
Description / Difficulty level: Lafayette and Lincoln are part of the northern
end of the Franconia Range  We'll drive up early Saturday morning, then go for
a very strenuous 9 mile hike.
Epic hike with spectacular views (weather permits - fingers crossed!)
Blitz: Wouter Zwart with your DASH to sign up

Event: Velvet Rocks on Ice!
Time: Saturday, Noon - 3:30pm
Cost: Free!
Description/Difficulty: Hiking and possibly sledding parts of Velvet Rocks, an
easy five mile hike which begins right on the Green. BYOSled, if you have an easy
to cary one! But more importantly, bring plenty of warm non-cotton layers, waterproof
boots, and at least one liter of water.
Blitz: jaun to sign up

Event: Contra Dance!
Time: 7:45 pm 'till we drop! (or you want to go home.)
Cost: 8 dollar entrance fee, pay in cash at the dance
see what this great New England tradition is all about.  Bring your go-game, plus
comfortable shoes (preferably NOT the ones you were wearing outside, to keep the
dance floor clean.) Come out and party like a pilgrim!
Blitz: Sam Reckford or Will Bishop to sign up!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Snowshoe and Sled Moosilauke (Extreme Sledding Series Special Edition)
Time: 5:30 am - 5ish pm (more information soon if you blitz in interest)
Cost: $8
and it's very important to have cold gear (balaklavas, mittens, good hats, etc.)

but if you don't we can rent stuff.  We'll be snowshoeing up Carriage Road
and sledding down it with every gnarly drop of awesomeness
  we can muster (conditions permitting.
Blitz: Erin Dauson with your DASH to sign up

FUTURE FUTURE FUTURE

WHAT: Winter Grant Weekend of Epic Formal Proportions.
WHEN: Feb. 25 - 27th
WHOA: dogsledding, xc-skiing, snowshoeing, hangin' out in 27,000 acres of wilderness.

Mark your calendars!
HOW: blitz "spidey" if you'd like more info on the best trip ever in the history

of CnT.