CABIN-TRAIL Archives

January 2011, Week 2

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2011 14:00:03 -0500
Welcome to CnT!

To sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number or
saying you'd like to pay in cash.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader
to reserve a spot.

If you're interested in becoming a DOC Member, please see Julie Bell in Robo.

You'll get discounted trips and lots of other perks.

<3 CnT

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY
Event: CnT Feed!
Time: 6 pm
Cost: $4
Description / Difficulty level:  Everyone welcome!  Feeds are held at the Rock
(http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml) and every week a different,
delicious
meal is cooked.
Blitz: aich to help cook

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

Event: HAPPY GILE SUNRIKE
Time: 6:00am (time will be updated soon!) - 8:30am
Cost: $2 DOC Members, $3 non-members (For food!)
Description / Difficulty level: We will be hiking up Gile, a lovely little peak
not too far from campus, to greet the sun. There is a firetower at the top that
we will be able to climb up to eat some tasty snacks before we return. The hike
is pretty easy. We will be leaving from behind Robo, and returning before 9's.
Blitz: Maggie Flanagan with your DASH to sign up

Event: Mink Brook
Day: Friday
Time: 1 o'clock. Getting back at ~4:30
Cost: $2
straight
out of Hanover along the Connecticut River, then into the Mink Brook Nature
Reserve.
It'll be a nice relaxed walk after the week and is a great way to see a
wonderful
trail that is right within walking distance of campus. For more info, blitz
Jeremy
Brouillet with your name and DA$H number to sign up!

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

Event: Hartlands XC Skiing Trip
Time: 10:00 AM - flexible return time, Saturday, January 15
Cost: $3 DOC, $5 other (for lunch)
Description / Difficulty level:  Beginners welcome!  Hartlands is a ski area
recommended
by Matt Dahlhausen, a towering figure in such matters.  You can come if you've
never set foot on skis before...just be prepared to fall in the snow!
Non-beginners
also welcome, of course.  The conditions should be excellent and the ski
rentals
are free.
Blitz: akwdb for more info or with your DASH number to sign up

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Al Merrill Ski Loop
TIME: 8 AM Sunday - 9 AM Monday
COST: $13 for DOC members, $15 otherwise
of Moosilauke's ridges to an outlook before a nice descent down to the base.
You
should have cross-country skiied at least once before (or you are athletic and
are confident in your ability to pick up new sports). We'll spent the night at
Ritchie Smith cabin, and delicious lunch, dinner, and breakfast are included in
the cost. Gear rental is free.
BLITZ: Matt Pickart with DASH number to sign up, or with questions

WHAT: CnT IM and pond hockey
WHEN: Games Sunday evening. Pond whenever someone on the list blitzes out.
HOW: To get on the list blitz "spidey". Gear is available and free for all I'm
games. You can rent skates at Occom for pond playing.

FUTURE FUTURE FUTURE

WHAT: Winter Grant Weekend of Epic Formal Proportions.
WHEN: Feb. 25 - 27th
WHOA: dogsledding, xc-skiing, snowshoeing, hangin' out in 27,000 acres of
wilderness.
Mark your calendars!
HOW: blitz "spidey" if you'd like more info on the best trip ever in the
history
of CnT.