LLTI Archives

January 2011, Week 1

From:
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2011 10:26:30 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 09:24:06 -0600
>Subject: Re: #9545 anyone have data related to using Wimba Voice?
>To: LLTI <[log in to unmask]>

I won't be at Irvine either, because it is too hard trying to run an LRC,
which I have just moved from one building to another (building renovation),
to be repeated in May, and teach classes, meet with student clubs, etc.

We have Wimba, which some of us use for both pronunciation and some basic
interview questions each chapter. Our regular attention spoken language
creates some difficulties, but seems to pay off in the case of students who
have good work habits.

We also do some of the more creative things with Wimba in upper-division
classes.

I had some problems with Wimba earlier, which are gone, but which I have not
had the time to completely analyze.

TBob

Robert D. Peckham, Ph.D.
Professor of French
Director, Muriel Tomlinson Language Resource Center [temporary]
University of Tennessee at Martin
Chair, AATF Commission on Advocacy
Director, Globe-gate Intercultural Web Project