CABIN-TRAIL Archives

January 2011, Week 1

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2011 15:27:01 -0500
Welcome to CnT!

To Sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number or
saying you'd like to pay in cash.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader
reserve a spot.

If you're interested in becoming a DOC Member, please see Julie Bell in Robo.

You'll get discounted trips and lots of other perks.

<3 CnT

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Dinertoure Devoid of Dennis!
Come enjoy the delicious stylings of Eaton Sugarhouse without the presence of
Dennis Zeveloff!!  Eaton is one of the stars of the Vermont dinerscene and known
for its delectable maple syrup and fluffy pancakes.  We'll be meeting early at
6:45 at the back of Robo to take the trek out, but better now than later when
the winds get as cold as Tommy's heart and you get more sleep-deprived.
Cost: ride is free, bring small bills for food!
For more info or to sign up, blitz: dinermatrix

Planning Feed
When: Wednesday at 6pm
Cost: $4, free if you help cook
What We will start out by discussing awesome trips for the term and electing
chairs within the club! Then we will eat delicious Lodge tomato soup and
grilled cheese sandwiches! There will probably be dessert too!
Difficulty: serious food consumption will occur. Must be well practiced in
this area.
blitz: Rebecca Stebbins to help cook

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

Cross-country skiing at the golf course
When: Saturday, 1-3:30pm
Blitz zouey to sign up
and explore the beautiful golf course, across the bridge and some of the trails
that run behind. We will get fitted for skis at the DOC clubhouse, rentals free
of charge.

Mt. Mansfield Hike
WHERE: Mt. Mansfield, VT
WHEN: Saturday. Leave 7 AM, return by 7 PM.
COST: $7 for DOC members, $9 for non-members
WHAT: Climb the highest point in Vermont! The summit is above treeline -- potential
for awesome views, potential for nasty weather, certainty of good times. You'll
feel really cool wearing crampons. 8 miles in snow, so some hiking experience
is required. Gear available to rent. Featuring Eric Lloyd Ross.
BLITZ: Matt Pickart for questions and to sign up

When: Saturday 6pm to Sunday 3pm
Cost: $10 DOC members $12 non-members
What We will be heading to the beautiful Great Bear Cabin, eating dinner and spending
Saturday night there, so we can xc-ski Tunnel Brook Trail on sunday morning.
Level of Expertise required: minimal, If you have been xc-skiing once before then
you can come. (or if you have experience skiing, but not xc, you can come too)
blitz: erd to sign up
blitz:erd or bstebbs with questions
All skiing gear can be provided free of charge.