NISUS Archives

January 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Michael Logue <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2011 00:04:45 -0500
I don't have a laptop, so actually I cannot tell you if you have one.  I have replaced PRAM batteries in a Mac II and a Power PC 7200.  I just followed the instructions in the manual.  I just remembered that when the Mac started forgetting things, the PRAM battery was low.  On my Mac II, the keyboard (ADB) stopped being recognized and on the Power PC, the date, reverted to 1956 on every cold boot.

"I hate all operating systems equally, but some I hate more equally than others."
Michael Logue                                The Grateful Union
http://www.earthguild.com/    Earth Guild: Tools Materials Books