MACSCRPT Archives

January 2011

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Claudio Braga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2011 23:20:00 +0100
Il giorno 20/gen/2011, alle ore 15.48, Mark J. Reed ha scritto:

> No, it will absolutely work for a file with multiple periods in the
> name, which is why I did "text items 1 through -2" instead of just
> "text item 1".
>
> set text item delimiters to "."
> text items 1 through -2 of  "foo.x.y"
>
> That returns "foo.x" - the same result you get from the other
> approach, since the name extension of "foo.x.y" is "y", not "x.y".

Oh my,  applescript syntax always makes me feel 'inadequate'

At this point any advice on a exhaustive and up-to-date book on applescript ? evidently my old AS book (AS in a nutshell) isn't enough anymore, and I'm getting a bit frustrated of looking up the internet for script samples that make me discover a new kind of programming every week...

Thank you

Regards

Claudio Braga
Brescia - Cuneo