MACSCRPT Archives

January 2011

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
John Delacour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2011 17:50:39 +0000
At 11:02 +0000 05/01/2011, Nigel Garvey wrote:

>I can confirm getting the same results (or lack thereof) on my 10.6.5
>machine. However, if eunotice contains a handler to return the property
>value, it can be told to execute it. Similarly with setting.

Yes, thank you Nigel.  In fact I already have a handler to query all
properties and get a list of records and so it looks as if I'll have
to modify that or introduce new handlers for each property; luckily
there aren't too many of them.

I'd hoped never to bother again with AppleScript, especially after
the destruction Apple have wrought in the past few years, but this
time someone is actually offering to pay for my pain.

JD