MACSCRPT Archives

January 2011

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Claudio Braga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2011 22:59:27 +0100
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to accomplish something I thought was simple, but I'm missing something here:

I need to convert a file path (in the hfs form) to a unix path to start some shell script operations, I thought that something like this:

set path to "HD:users:claudio:docs to examine:"
set path to (posix path of x)

would create a real unix kind of path, but I think there is a problem: yes the semicolumn is translated into slash, but the spaces are not treated (i.e. no backslash)

 is it a known behaviour ? Am I using the wrong command ? what is the right procedure to convert a path to a unix path usable in a do shell script line ?

TIA

Regards

Claudio Braga
Brescia - Cuneo