LLTI Archives

December 2010, Week 5

From:
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2010 01:10:15 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Timothy M Cook <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Timothy M Cook <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 08:20:02 -0600
>Subject: RE: [LLTI] #9543.1 Tracking students' use of online resources
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information    Forum	<[log in to unmask]>

Lauren, thanks for your reply. I wanted to assign the flashcard site (or any other
site to help students with reading Japanese script) because I have quite a few
students who are having trouble with hiragana and katakana. Some of it is learning
problems, but some of it is also laziness. Being proned to laziness myself, I
know that if a teacher suggested a website to me, I would be all enthusiastic
about the idea at first, but would find a zillion reasons why I didn't actually
do it, unless it was an assignment. It's part laziness that I don't put more exercises
on my course management system than what I already have, but I thought since someone
else has done the work and is sharing it for free, I might as well have students
go there.

Tim Cook, PhD
Japanese Instructor
407B Humanities Bldg., 900 13th Street, South
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Mailing Address:
HB 407
1530 3rd Ave S