LLTI Archives

December 2010, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2010 16:50:46 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from John de Szendeffy <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: John de Szendeffy <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 12:29:17 -0500
>Subject: Position Announcement Boston University
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information International
>   Information <[log in to unmask]>

The Boston University School of Education needs to find someone to teach a graduate
level computer-assisted language learning course (SED TL 512). I designed this
course in 2007 and taught it; other adjuncts have taught it since. Currently,
the course is offered in the spring semester only, and the TESOL program is looking
for someone to teach it in the upcoming Spring 2011 semester.

Here is the brief description from the course bulletin:

This course will survey current classroom practices in computer-assisted language
learning (CALL), examine the pedagogical rationale, and give students hands-on
practice creating and delivering computer-based lessons. Selection, evaluation,
and integration of software and online resources will also be covered.

Feel free to direct inquiries, or make candidate suggestions, to the Director
of the graduate TESOL program, Marnie Reed, at [log in to unmask] or 617-353-1811. You
can also contact me for background or to obtain past syllabi.

Thanks,

-John
John de Szendeffy
Manager, IT