LLTI Archives

December 2010, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2010 21:15:27 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from 15.5 ---

From: maria charle <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 09:24:13 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Ideas for a fourth language laboratory
To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Dear colleagues,

Lincoln University is in the process of renovating some of its buildings and as

a result, the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures has been allocated

space for 3 new language laboratories that will be added to the one that we
have. Our current lab has 20 computer stations that use Sony Virtuoso and Sans

Soloist. We plan to add a second lab with similar characteristics, although we

have not yet decided on the software. We are also planning to use one of the
rooms as a language resorce center, with isolated voice recording booths,
screens showing international tv programs (maybe through SCOLA), DVD players,

etc.

However, we ran out of ideas for the remaining room. I would appreciate your
thoughts and suggestions about our current plan and as to what to do with the

fourth lab. Lincoln is a small institution and we are thrilled that the
languages are getting all this support from the university. We want to make the

best use of the space and funds that are allocated to us.

Thanks in advance to all for your comments.

Regards,

Maribel Charle