MACSCRPT Archives

December 2010

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bill Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 2010 14:36:12 -0500
I have a script that does some text processing, saves a file, then opens the file in Tex-Edit Plus. Since I upgraded to Snow Leopard that no longer works. Tex-Edit Plus just opens an empty window.

So I turned on Record, used Tex-Edit to open a file. Got the same thing I already have in my script:

tell application "Tex-Edit Plus"
	activate
	open file "Bill'sHD:Users:billsteele:Desktop:foo.txt"
end tell

But when I run the recorded script, it opens the same empty untitled window. (Note: Tex-Edit preferences are set to *not* open an empty window on activation.)

This was in the new "Applescript Editor."  I still have the old Script Editor, but it doesn't work in that either, and Script Editor tends to quit now and then.

Tried the same procedure on another machine running Leopard, and it works properly.

Suggestions?

Bill Steele