LLTI Archives

November 2010, Week 5

From:
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2010 22:18:33 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from National Foreign Language Resource Center <[log in to unmask]>
---

>From: National Foreign Language Resource Center <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 16:23:37 -1000 (HST)
>Subject: JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Assistant/Associate Professor, Dept. of Second Language
>Studies, University of Hawaii at Manoa
>To: [log in to unmask]

Apologies for any cross-postings...

UNIVERSITY OF HAWAI'I AT MANOA, DEPARTMENT OF SECOND LANGUAGE STUDIES
ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR

The Department of Second Language Studies, University of Hawaii at Manoa, seeks
to fill a vacancy at the assistant/associate professor level in the area of interfaces
between language structure and meaning as related to second language learning,
use, processing and instruction. The Department offers an MA and a PhD in Second
Language Studies as well as an Advanced Graduate Certificate. A BA with an ESL
specialization is available through the University's Interdisciplinary Studies
Program. Faculty members have interests in a wide range of domains in second language
studies, including research on second/foreign language and bilingualism/multilingualism.
For more information, visit our website: http://www.hawaii.edu/sls/

ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, POSITION # 84247, tenure track, full time 9-month,
pending position clearance and availability of funding, to begin 1 August 2011.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: a doctorate in second language studies, applied linguistics
or a closely related field by August 2011; demonstrated relevant research ability
in the area, commensurate with rank, as evidenced primarily by publications in
peer-reviewed journals; evidence of teaching excellence

DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: expertise in experimental methods and/or computational
modeling; ability to win competitive research funding; teaching experience in
a second language studies or equivalent graduate program; experience linking theoretical
and applied concerns; interest in the Asia-Pacific region, including Asian and
Pacific languages; second or foreign language teaching experience

DUTIES: teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the area of specialization
in the Department of Second Language Studies; conduct and publish research; participate
in departmental, college, university and community service

ANNUAL 9-MONTH SALARY RANGE: commensurate with qualifications and experience

E-MAIL INQUIRIES:	Dr. Richard Schmidt <[log in to unmask]> or
			Dr. Bonnie D. Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>

TO APPLY: Send cover letter describing research and teaching interests and experience,
a CV, a research statement, a teaching statement (including a list of courses
taught), sample publications, and evidence of teaching excellence (e.g. a summary
of teaching evaluations). In addition, letters of reference should be submitted
directly by three recommenders. All application materials should be sent in hard
copy or email attachment to:

Dr. J.D. Brown, Chair
Department of Second Language Studies
570 Moore Hall
1890 East-West Road
University of Hawaii
Honolulu, Hawaii  96822, USA

CLOSING DATE: Ongoing until position is filled.  Review of applications will begin
on January 7, 2011.

The University of Hawai'i is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.

   N           National Foreign Language Resource Center
    F          University of Hawai'i
     L         1859 East-West Road, #106
      R        Honolulu HI 96822
       C       voice: (808) 956-9424, fax: (808) 956-5983
               email: [log in to unmask]
VISIT OUR WEBSITE!   http://nflrc.hawaii.edu