LLTI Archives

November 2010, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2010 21:43:16 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from JSC-AH ---

>From: "Vanchu, Anthony J. (JSC-AH)[BARRIOS TECHNOLOGY]"	<[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 07:34:58 -0600
>Subject: RE: #9527 captions and subtitles
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information    Forum	<[log in to unmask]>

Tina,

I've used MS MovieMaker for a number of years.  It allow for non-Latin fonts.
  I use Russian and even a special font that allows Russian word stress to be indicated.
  It's handled it all quite well.  It's also easy to move the text around so you
can put it exactly where you want it and has a fade-in/-out feature for the text.

I believe it is free from MS if you're using MS Office, but you do have to go
to their site and download it.  If you have any other questions, please feel free
to contact me directly.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,
Tony Vanchu